Does your Middle Schooler want to get baptized in the River September 24???
One of my favorite times of the year is our Baptism Sunday at Lazy L&L IN THE RIVER! It is always a joy to celebrate the next step of obedience for believer’s baptism with your Middle Schooler!
River Baptism will be at the Oakwood Church Picnic on Sunday, September 24th immediately following lunch.
Sign up is at the picnic. Bring a towel and something appropriate to wear in the river. They’ll make an announcement when it’s time to head down to the river.
Here is a basics of baptism parent discussion guide for you!
How to get baptized at Lazy L&L
- Decide to get baptized
- Tell the volunteers at the picnic
- Meet the Pastors down by the river after lunch
- If you would like the Middle School Pastor to baptize you… Pick Pastor Brandon
Middle School Basics of Baptism – Parent Discussion Guide
- What is Baptism? BAPTISM IS: An Outward sign of an inward change
According to Acts 2:38-41, when do people get baptized?
Peter & the beginning – Acts 2:38-41 38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
40With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
- What does repent mean? Repentance is: A Change of Mind that results in a change of heart.
Baptism happens after Repentance – “Repent and be baptized”
Philip & the Eunuch – Acts 8:34-39 34The eunuch asked Philip, “Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?” 35Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.
36As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. Why shouldn’t I be baptized?”[f] 38And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him. 39When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.
- What is the “good news?” The “Good News about Jesus” is the truth that Jesus is the Son of the Living God. He died to pay the penalty of the sins of the world, and ALL who call on the Name of the Lord shall be saved through Jesus Christ.
- When did the Eunuch ask to be baptized? After responding to the Good News About Jesus.
What would JESUS do??? – The Baptism of Jesus Matt 3:13-17 13Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” 15Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented. 16As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
- What about You?
- Have you repented and turned from your sin?
- Have you heard the Good News or Gospel of Jesus and responded by giving your life to Him?
- Do you want to walk as Jesus did in obedience?
- When you are baptized, you are displaying one more story of the powerful change of Jesus Christ in our lives!