Here are a few FIRST TIMER TIPS:
- WE MEET DURING THE 9:30am SERVICE If you come at 11:00am, we suggest that your student serves with Oakwood Kids or attends Main Service with the family.
- THE STUDENT PAVILION IS THAT GARAGE LOOKING PLACE AROUND BACK: That is where Middle School Students meet + we give FREE SHIPLEY DO-NUTS, pretty much EVERY SUNDAY.
- You Don’t Check Your Student In. Just send them to the Pavillion!
- You Don’t Check Your Student Out. When our time is over, around 10:40am, students are dismissed and find their parents ON THEIR OWN.
- Plan a MEETING PLACE after MSM Time. Take a moment ahead of time and plan a place to meet up. For example… “Meet us in the Mission Hall” or “We will probably be picking up little Johnny from the Children’s building, so meet us in the foyer” or “Meet us at the car, but don’t get hit by another church member’s car” or “Go ahead and just go home with another loving church family that will feed you and house you and take you to school” (maybe not the last one)
- We have loving Adult Leaders. Every Adult Leader present is happy to help you and your student. We are a team and LOVE YOUR KID TOO!
- During the School Year we break out into Small Groups by Grade and Gender: These Small Groups are Relationally Oriented for group discussion that relates to the Talk Time with Pastor Brandon (Pastor B).
- LASTLY WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR KID: I know this transition is different and can seem overwhelming as a parent or as a new Middle Schooler. With all the stress and Chaos or change, we want to help your student make Jesus #1 in their lives. The truth is… I have seen great movements of God in our Student Ministry and I KNOW without a doubt that He has way more investment in the life or your kid than even You or I do! PASTOR B