6pm Pizza Served
6:30 Game and Worship
Guest Speaker – Josh Humbert
The New Braunfels Youth Network is kicking off the school year with a FREE CONCERT SATURDAY, AUGUST 24 @ Tree Of Life Church.
6:30pm Doors Open
7pm we begin with Student Leaders praying for the new school year.
Then a group that sounds like Marshmello will rock the night with honest lyrics and life changing stories that point to Jesus.
Who Are the Social Club Misfits???
Marty and Fern are the Christian hip hop duo Social Club Misfits from Miami, Florida. Their music centers around bringing the message of the Gospel and the love of Jesus Christ to ‘misfits’ all over the world. They each had individual music projects in process when they decided to collaborate on a song together in 2011. From there they released several projects and went on to form the band Social Club – earning loyal followers along the way. Their US album was featured in YLO100.
Calling himself a “broken vessel for the Lord” Fern brings a vulnerability and transparency to the music they create. He is a man with a past and admits God saved him from himself. “I just love God for bringing me where he brought me to – from where I was at. You know definitely like, in a pit. So, I just give thanks for that,” Fern says.
Drawing from that history and the realities of life now, Fern has a way of finding just the right words and crafting them so they reach the hurting parts of each person who listens to their personal stories and songs. When he speaks his words flow with a unique rhythm, reminiscent of the poetry found in the Psalms.
Marty grew up “playing the church game” until he was eighteen when God rescued him, not just once but over and over again. “There’s this idea in the church that things are okay. But there are people in the church who are broken… my journey stemmed from people who broke my trust and hurt me – cut me deep. And so, it put me on this long path of depression and sadness. And now I can honestly say I don’t even know how I felt that way because God rescued me and I don’t know who that person was,” Marty says.
And, that’s where Social Club Misfits direct their attention. They reach out to people, young and old, who’ve been hurt – whether by the church, family, someone, or something else. “People who feel like an outcast and feel as though they don’t belong because they don’t fit in. They aren’t a ‘popular.’”
“Our heart is to help you understand that if you are weird, God made you like that – and it’s okay. Embrace who God created you to be,” encourages Marty.
Sign up for the Parent Email List
The most intense stage for the family is the Middle School time frame, where the Parent Repellent comes out and the question becomes, “Who is this kid I used to know?”
- Your sixth grade kid is moving from reflecting you and your family values to deflecting them in order to grow into an adult that will eventually look a lot like YOU.
- Your seventh grade student could possibly be playing 20 questions with you to find his or her authentic faith and guardrails for life.
- By eighth grade, we see this small, lovely child begin to grow into a physical adult body and correspond with you like an adult.
This is the launch pad for many things as they discover themselves, develop skills and talents, and decipher Spirituality in the process.
MY PASSION is to lead students to the heart of the Father by helping them own their faith in Jesus Christ and grow in an authentic relationship with Him. My greatest joy has been to see the light turn on when a student begins to KNOW the Father through Jesus, GROW in their relationship, and SHOW the love of Jesus in their daily lives.
Opportunities during the year include:
- Believe Weekend in January, when students spend time listening to the truth of God’s word and apply it to their lives.
- We see friends coming to Wednesday weekly meetings and Sunday Morning Weekly gatherings to have some fun with one another, but also to connect with Jesus in a relevant way geared for their age group.
- Our Servant Leadership Camp in June gives a nuts and bolts experience of what it means to serve with the love of Jesus and reflect on the love of Jesus on a personal level.
- We have fun events, concerts, lock-ins, and other activities that build community and give students a place to experience a loving and accepting environment.
We are on the journey together to Know God, and grow closer to Jesus every step of the way.
New 6th Grade Parents
Sign up for the Parent Email List
Here are a few FIRST TIMER TIPS:
- WE MEET DURING THE 9:15am SERVICE If you come at 10:45am, we suggest that your student serves in the Children’s Area or attends Main Service with the family.
- THE STUDENT PAVILION IS THAT GARAGE LOOKING PLACE AROUND BACK: That is where Middle School Students meet + we give FREE SHIPLEY DOUGHNUTS, pretty much EVERY SUNDAY.
- Students can Check themselves in. We have a welcome team that helps check your student in.
- You Don’t Check Your Student Out. When our time is over, around 10:30am, students are dismissed and find their parents ON THEIR OWN.
- Plan a MEETING PLACE after FUSION. Take a moment ahead of time and plan a place to meet up. For example… “Meet us in the Mission Hall” or “We will probably be picking up little Johnny from the Children’s building, so meet us in the foyer” or “Meet us at the car, but don’t get hit by another church member’s car” or “Go ahead and just go home with another loving church family that will feed you and house you and take you to school” (maybe not the last one)
- We have loving Adult Leaders. Every Adult Leader present is happy to help you and your student. We are a team and LOVE YOUR KID TOO!
- During the School Year we break out into Small Groups by Grade and Gender: These Small Groups are Relationally Oriented for group discussion that relates to the Talk Time with Pastor Brandon (Pastor B).
- Small Groups happen in classrooms surrounding the Branch Service Location: After Promotion Sunday, we will begin to break out Small Groups ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE CHURCH BY THE BRANCH. This means that your kid will most likely NOT be IN THE PAVILION around 10:30am. (In fact, High School Students will begin gathering for their Sunday Meeting time and your will be very confused.) …PLAN A MEETING PLACE
- LASTLY WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR KID: I know this transition is different and can seem overwhelming as a parent or as a new 6th grader. With all the stress and Chaos or change, we want to help your student make Jesus #1 in their lives. The truth is… I have seen great movements of God in our Student Ministry and I KNOW without a doubt that He has way more investment in the life or your kid than even You or I do!
WELCOME NEW 6th GRADERS!!!
What is Fusion? Fusion offers a loving and accepting environment geared for middle school students grades 6-8. We have events, weekly meetings, and exist to Intentionally Engage middle school students by leading them to the heart of the Father.
When and Where does Fusion Meet? 6th-8th grades meet in the Pavilion on Sunday and Wednesday nights.
What happens on Fusion Sundays? Beginning at 9:15am, students have a Shipley doughnut or five, worship time with a band, talk time, and then break out in rooms by grade and gender for small group time. 10:30am is dismissal time from break out rooms.