OSM is back on Campus this Sunday, and we are kicking our Wednesday off next week in a major way.
How Can We Influence Our Family to Become Who God Created Them To Be?
Students are praying all across America and the world. Millions have prayed for their schools at See You At The Pole. Many of these same students continue to pray through the year in groups on campus and at their church. Educators, youth leaders and parents are praying, including 100,000 mothers meeting regularly with Moms In Prayer groups.
Campus ministry begins with prayer. Through prayer God opens hearts, brings blessing to schools and changes lives. Prayer will literally transform the atmosphere on a campus. This generation of students will be reached with God’s love and truth as we pray.
Here are some ways to pray for your school:
Pray For Students…
- Praise God for all that he is doing on campuses through Christian students.
- Ask that Christian students will be strengthened in their faith in Christ, that they would be wise and serve others around them.
- Ask that all students at your school would be protected and safe.
- Pray that everyone on campus would have the opportunity to hear the gospel and clearly understand how to put his or her trust in Jesus.
- Ask that students would come to know Christ personally and a spiritual movement would grow on the campus.
- Pray that Christian students and teachers will minister to students who have physical, emotional and family needs.
- Pray for unity on the campus among Christians and that together they will reach out to their school.
- Pray for an atmosphere of respect and unity on campus, socially and racially.
Idea – pray for every student in your school by name. Simply take a yearbook and go through the classes, praying for each student. Make copies of the pages and share them with others in your prayer group. Pray for them often.
Pray For Educators…
- Thank God for the many educators who honor God with their lives and faith.
- Ask that God would give wisdom to the administrators, teachers and school board members, making God honoring decisions.
- Pray that all school staff including teacher assistants, cooks, bus drivers and maintenance personnel would be encouraged in their work.
- Pray that your school educators will experience the love and concern of Christ through Christian students and adults.
- Ask that educators would come to know Christ personally and follow Him.
Idea – pray for every teacher, coach and administrator by name using your yearbook to remind you of who they are and what they do at the school.
Pray For Youth Leaders And Parents…
- Praise God for parents who are praying for their children, and youth leaders who are investing daily in teens across America and the world.
- Pray that families in your community would be restored by putting their faith in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for wisdom for parents as they raise and guide their children.
- Pray that youth leaders will be faithful and fruitful in the good work they do with youth.
- Ask that youth leaders from churches and organizations will unite and reach out to every student by praying, caring and advancing the good news of Jesus.
Idea – make a list of all the youth leaders and pastors in your community and pray for them in your prayer group.
For more help, check out these resources:
Hey OakwoodMS Parents!
As a small gift to you and your Middle Schooler, DOWNLOAD this 6 Day Grow on the Go Devotional.
My friend, Jon the Revelaytor, just released a powerful song that reminds me that I have the ability to fight in the midst of fear.
To be honest, the struggle is real. Whether somebody is messing with your head, or you have decided a wrong direction due to your own human programming, there seems to be a WAR INSIDE, lying beneath.
It is like you are FIGHTING MONSTERS that only you can see. Sometimes they are the reality of life, and other times, the scars of life seem to become those monsters hiding behind the door, late at night, when you least expect them.
This WAR can get the best of us and lead to extreme consequences.
- When we have been wronged, we jump to ANGER to lash out and solve a problem
- When we see an injustice, protests turn to riots and buildings are burned down
- When we feel restricted and anxious, we rebell and try to break free of whatever restrictions we are living under
Think about the WAR inside YOU. How have you seen, living in your very own skin, the extreme reactions and consequences of your actions?
Sometimes the actions we take make us feel like the MONSTER. We feel like something else is controlling our thoughts and actions and can’t find a way out. Paul relates to this struggle inside us in Romans Chapter 7.
“What I don’t understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise.”Romans 7:15 MSG
The TRUTH is that we have power in JESUS NAME to find freedom and push back in the fight. The struggles in our daily lives do not have to keep us captive to fear.
Paul goes on to say
“I’ve tried everything and nothing helps. I’m at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn’t that the real question?
The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different.”Romans 7:24-25
Jesus Christ brings FREEDOM and CONFIDENCE to win the fight. In fact, he is the source of power that gives us the strength to pick up our heads and move forward.
WHAT MONSTERS ARE YOU FIGHTING TODAY?
LOOK TO JESUS FOR THE POWER TO PUSH BACK
‘Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the belly of the fish, saying, “I called out to the Lord , out of my distress, and he answered me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and you heard my voice. For you cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, and the flood surrounded me; all your waves and your billows passed over me. Then I said, ‘I am driven away from your sight; yet I shall again look upon your holy temple.’ The waters closed in over me to take my life; the deep surrounded me; weeds were wrapped about my head at the roots of the mountains. I went down to the land whose bars closed upon me forever; yet you brought up my life from the pit, O Lord my God. When my life was fainting away, I remembered the Lord , and my prayer came to you, into your holy temple. Those who pay regard to vain idols forsake their hope of steadfast love. But I with the voice of thanksgiving will sacrifice to you; what I have vowed I will pay. Salvation belongs to the Lord !” And the Lord spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah out upon the dry land.’ Jonah 2:1-10
The Oakwood Student Ministry is BACK ON CAMPUS next Wednesday Night, June 3 at 6:30pm for both Middle School and High School.
Click on the Middle School or High School Links Below for June 3 Sign In.
(We have not graduated up yet. If you just finished 8th grade, you are still in 8th grade for now.)
Isaac Peabody, who goes by the stage name Peabod, brings to the Centricity label (which is home to Lauren Daigle, Jordan Feliz and many more great artists) exciting talent and a unique sound: hip-hop. The 24-year old caught the label’s attention with his independently produced music, an assortment of meticulously crafted rap songs. Peabod puts a new spin on the genre, yielding infectious positivity and wordplay that connect with audiences of all ages. He is a fun middle school-high school kind of guy that your students will love!