We partner with Camp Eagle for the 6th Grade Retreat to provide an interactive weekend jam packed with talk sessions and small group break outs geared toward their age group. Located near Rocksprings, TX, the Camp gives us a place to enjoy God’s Creation and build community as we talk about our steps to Know Jesus, Grow in our relationship with Him, and Show the love of Jesus to others.
Campus Prayer Guide
How To Pray For Your School
Students are praying all across America and the world. Millions have prayed for their schools at See You At The Pole. Many of these same students continue to pray through the year in groups on campus and at their church. Educators, youth leaders and parents are praying, including 100,000 mothers meeting regularly with Moms In Prayer groups.
Campus ministry begins with prayer. Through prayer God opens hearts, brings blessing to schools and changes lives. Prayer will literally transform the atmosphere on a campus. This generation of students will be reached with God’s love and truth as we pray.
Here are some ways to pray for your school:
Pray For Students…
- Praise God for all that he is doing on campuses through Christian students.
- Ask that Christian students will be strengthened in their faith in Christ, that they would be wise and serve others around them.
- Ask that all students at your school would be protected and safe.
- Pray that Christian students and teachers will minister to students who have physical, emotional and family needs.
- Pray for unity on the campus among Christians and that together they will reach out to their school.
- Pray that everyone on campus would have the opportunity to hear the gospel and clearly understand how to put his or her trust in Jesus.
- Ask that students would come to know Christ personally and a spiritual movement would grow on the campus.
- Pray for an atmosphere of respect and unity on campus, socially and racially.
Idea – pray for every student in your school by name. Simply take a yearbook and go through the classes, praying for each student. Make copies of the pages and share them with others in your prayer group. Pray for them often.
Pray For Educators…
- Thank God for the many educators who honor God with their lives and faith.
- Ask that God would give wisdom to the administrators, teachers and school board members, making God honoring decisions.
- Pray that all school staff including teacher assistants, cooks, bus drivers and maintenance personnel would be encouraged in their work.
- Pray that your school educators will experience the love and concern of Christ through Christian students and adults.
- Ask that educators would come to know Christ personally and follow Him.
Idea – pray for every teacher, coach and administrator by name using your yearbook to remind you of who they are and what they do at the school.
Pray For Youth Leaders And Parents…
- Praise God for parents who are praying for their children, and youth leaders who are investing daily in teens across America and the world.
- Pray that families in your community would be restored by putting their faith in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for wisdom for parents as they raise and guide their children.
- Pray that youth leaders will be faithful and fruitful in the good work they do with youth.
- Ask that youth leaders from churches and organizations will unite and reach out to every student by praying, caring and advancing the good news of Jesus.
Idea – make a list of all the youth leaders and pastors in your community and pray for them in your prayer group.
For more help, check out these resources:
Pastor Brandon will be ready to baptize Middle School Students at Lazy L&L.
Steps to get baptized Sun, Sept 15
Check in at Picnic Pavilion
Wait for announcement to go to river
Dress appropriately for the River and double check any loose articles
Walk to designated river area and find Pastor Brandon. (We will pretty much have all Oakwood Pastors available)
Fusion Wednesday Nights
Student Pavilion 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Students begin at 5:30pm with pizza and hangout time. Bible study starts at 6pm with worship and talk time, followed by break-out sessions for real life discussion by grade and gender.
What is Fusion?
Fusion offers a loving and accepting environment geared for middle school students grades 6-8. We have events, weekly meetings, and exist to Intentionally Engage middle school students by leading them to the heart of the Father.
What happens on Fusion Wednesdays? We meet in the Student Pavilion
5:30pm is Pizza, hangout and crowd mixer games.
6:00pm Bible study begins. We begin with student-led worship, move to talk time, and then break out into small groups for real life discussion.
7:30pm is dismissal time.
What can my Middle School Students do for dinner?
- Join us in the Student Pavilion for Papa John’s Pizza at 5:30pm
- Eat as a family at the Oakwood Wednesday Night Dinner for a nice hot meal in the Student Worship Center at 5:00pm.
Can my Middle Schooler play on the playground?
Parents, please let your Middle Schooler know that the playground is for CHILDREN and that they will be asked to leave the playground. We have Gaga Ball and Basketball outside the Student Pavilion.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Internationally recognized praise band Planetshakers releases Rain Part 2 globally April 12 from Venture3Media (V3M). Available to preorder beginning today (April 5) at iTunes and Google Play, and to stream April 12 from Spotify, Apple Music and more, the new five-song digital EP from Planetshakers was recorded at Planetshakers Conferences in the Philippines and Malaysia in January and features over 29-minutes of music.
Beginning today (April 5), Planetshakers also releases the single “I Choose You” from Rain Part 2 to iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play and more digital and streaming outlets everywhere. The song, which is led by Joth Hunt (who also produced and mixed the EP), declares that God is the one to look to, no matter what the circumstances.
This theme is further carried in the Hunt-led “Only Way” single, which released last month, is featured on the new EP and became an encouragement to this multi-talented worship leader through his battle with cancer.
“God had me write that song a week before I knew this was going to happen. It was the perfect tool God helped me to use to declare victory over the situation,” says Joth, adding, “It’s easy to sing these songs week-to-week, but when you are actually going through it, these lyrics become more…they become an anthem.”
Forming for the first Planetshakers Conference in 1997, Australian Christian Worship band, Planetshakers is passionate to see generations worldwide unite together to worship God. Their heart is to see people encounter God, be transformed by his presence and empowered to make a difference in their world.
Hailing originally from Adelaide, the Planetshakers Band is now based in Melbourne at Planetshakers Church, under the leadership of Senior Pastors Russell and Sam Evans.
With over 20 internationally acclaimed albums, the band tours annually to the USA, UK, Europe, South Africa, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand.