Check out Every Student Every School
Campus Prayer Guide
How To Pray For Your School
Students are praying all across America and the world. Millions have prayed for their schools at See You At The Pole. Many of these same students continue to pray through the year in groups on campus and at their church. Educators, youth leaders and parents are praying, including 100,000 mothers meeting regularly with Moms In Prayer groups.
Campus ministry begins with prayer. Through prayer God opens hearts, brings blessing to schools and changes lives. Prayer will literally transform the atmosphere on a campus. This generation of students will be reached with God’s love and truth as we pray.
Here are some ways to pray for your school:
Pray For Students…
- Praise God for all that he is doing on campuses through Christian students.
- Ask that Christian students will be strengthened in their faith in Christ, that they would be wise and serve others around them.
- Ask that all students at your school would be protected and safe.
- Pray that Christian students and teachers will minister to students who have physical, emotional and family needs.
- Pray for unity on the campus among Christians and that together they will reach out to their school.
- Pray that everyone on campus would have the opportunity to hear the gospel and clearly understand how to put his or her trust in Jesus.
- Ask that students would come to know Christ personally and a spiritual movement would grow on the campus.
- Pray for an atmosphere of respect and unity on campus, socially and racially.
Idea – pray for every student in your school by name. Simply take a yearbook and go through the classes, praying for each student. Make copies of the pages and share them with others in your prayer group. Pray for them often.
Pray For Educators…
- Thank God for the many educators who honor God with their lives and faith.
- Ask that God would give wisdom to the administrators, teachers and school board members, making God honoring decisions.
- Pray that all school staff including teacher assistants, cooks, bus drivers and maintenance personnel would be encouraged in their work.
- Pray that your school educators will experience the love and concern of Christ through Christian students and adults.
- Ask that educators would come to know Christ personally and follow Him.
Idea – pray for every teacher, coach and administrator by name using your yearbook to remind you of who they are and what they do at the school.
Pray For Youth Leaders And Parents…
- Praise God for parents who are praying for their children, and youth leaders who are investing daily in teens across America and the world.
- Pray that families in your community would be restored by putting their faith in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for wisdom for parents as they raise and guide their children.
- Pray that youth leaders will be faithful and fruitful in the good work they do with youth.
- Ask that youth leaders from churches and organizations will unite and reach out to every student by praying, caring and advancing the good news of Jesus.
Idea – make a list of all the youth leaders and pastors in your community and pray for them in your prayer group.
For more help, check out these resources:
- Students go Claim Your Campus to begin a prayer group at your school.
- Mom’s join with a Mom’s In Prayer group in your area, or begin one.
- Watch What If?
- Read Prayer is Huge
- Read Claim Your Campus Through Prayer
- Read First Things First